Talk about Infected Mushroom
KGram5

Re: Infected Mushroom - Walking On The Moon

Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:23 pm

infectedbass wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:00 am
KGram5 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:55 am
EP by amount of tracks, but LP by length ... man ... that could mean like 5 or 6 Heavyweights :-o
I want to get hyped but isn't an LP by today standards (or monstercats I suppose, I'm not familiar with the label enough to know) rather short? So maybe a short song by IM is multiple from another artist.
As far as I know, EP's are short, whereas LP's are usually 60 - 90 minutes. Most of IM's albums are LP's, whereas something like IM21 or each FOM volume is an EP, much shorter.

So, when they say EP by amount of track but LP by length, to me that means only a couple songs but they're all gonna be really long. If the EP is 5 tracks that would mean each track would have to be around 10 minutes long!
infectedbass

Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:59 pm

KGram5 wrote:
infectedbass wrote:
KGram5 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:55 am
EP by amount of tracks, but LP by length ... man ... that could mean like 5 or 6 Heavyweights :-o
I want to get hyped but isn't an LP by today standards (or monstercats I suppose, I'm not familiar with the label enough to know) rather short? So maybe a short song by IM is multiple from another artist.
As far as I know, EP's are short, whereas LP's are usually 60 - 90 minutes. Most of IM's albums are LP's, whereas something like IM21 or each FOM volume is an EP, much shorter.

So, when they say EP by amount of track but LP by length, to me that means only a couple songs but they're all gonna be really long. If the EP is 5 tracks that would mean each track would have to be around 10 minutes long!
This is what I am saying though, if the average track length these days is 2 to 3 minutes, a 5 track EP with 6 minute average songs will be considered an LP in length.
KGram5

Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:21 am

infectedbass wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:59 pm
KGram5 wrote:
infectedbass wrote:

This is what I am saying though, if the average track length these days is 2 to 3 minutes, a 5 track EP with 6 minute average songs will be considered an LP in length.

idk man, you could actually be right on that. I'm more referring to the past and the albums I know well, I wasn't really thinking about how things might've have changed in the present day haha

I guess we'll have to wait and see :-??
infectedbass

Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:26 am

Interesting how this song only has hi hats for a very small portion of it. Guess there arent many hi hats on the moon :ymhug:
KGram5

Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:41 am

the funny thing is, I still haven't even listened to this song =))

I guess I'll listen right now.
KGram5

Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:49 am

UPDATE:

I have now listened to the track. Its pretty good. It doesn't really jump out at me yet, its probably gonna take a few listens. This track is pretty interesting though, definitely sounds experimental AF and ya the intro totally does remind me of "See Me Now" whoever said that. Lots of cool new sounds, interesting vocal effects and drum work (hi hats specifically). The lyrics in this track make it sound like the most mainstream IM track I've ever heard, not really sure yet if thats a good thing or bad thing in my books.

Cool song overall!
sonofthefire

Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:13 am

i think its perfect for a rocket league song. i think it will totally get IM alot more fans.
Im being burned alive, because nothing can stop me inside.
KGram5

Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:28 am

sonofthefire wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:13 am
i think its perfect for a rocket league song. i think it will totally get IM alot more fans.
oh yea for sure, almost forgot about that part lol when I mentioned that it sounded mainstream AF, I was thinking that that's a pretty good move for a Monstercat single, and especially now that I remember its going in the game. I think if IM was to make a totally mainstream track, this is the perfect time to do so. They really are geniuses :x
Leondegrance

Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:23 pm

yoyolast wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:11 pm
The things IM said in comments on their recent FB posts might actually confirm this, it might just be that were getting something before IM21 pt.2 and it might come out early November. I'm still considering this a rumor so take it with a grain of salt but I would appreciate it if someone credible like Uri were to answer with a simple yes/no ;)
I'm almost sure that I saw the official IM account in facebook commenting "November" when someone asked about a new LP by IM that will be released under the "Monstercat" label, so it's quite official, I guess.

But we should not forget the famous "May...be" factor, so "November" by IM schedule is somewhen between April to June 2019, I guess ;-)
yoyolast

Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:58 pm

Leondegrance wrote: [quote=yoyolast post_id=389950 time=<a href="tel:1535652714">1535652714</a> user_id=7752]
The things IM said in comments on their recent FB posts might actually confirm this, it might just be that were getting something before IM21 pt.2 and it might come out early November. I'm still considering this a rumor so take it with a grain of salt but I would appreciate it if someone credible like Uri were to answer with a simple yes/no ;)
I'm almost sure that I saw the official IM account in facebook commenting "November" when someone asked about a new LP by IM that will be released under the "Monstercat" label, so it's quite official, I guess.

But we should not forget the famous "May...be" factor, so "November" by IM schedule is somewhen between April to June 2019, I guess ;-)
[/quote]

It actually does make sense it would release in november, we generaly knew another EP was coming for quite a while but it was actually already delayed twice, back at the qna earlier this year they said September in in the ask.audio masterclass they said October so it being released in November is pretty reasonable, I would say the latest time I can see them delaying it further is early December but I think they already have everything prepared for this EP so there's probably no reason to delay it (I hope so at least)
:ymalien: Aliens... THEY'RE HERE... :ymalien:
orion

Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:13 am

yoyolast

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:30 am

orion wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:13 am

https://youtu.be/D8DKLvRylCA

Greetings.
Huh, I was wondering why they didn't do a blog for this tracks, awesome! :beer
Junglist1985

Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:16 am

This track has reallyyyyy grown on me. Love the Brazilian Bass "style" -- in terms of bass music it fits IM's psy treatment way better than dubstep. I hope they continue to explore this subgenre a bit more, as most artists in Bass House lean heavily towards sample-driven pop-EDM. All in all I much prefer Walking on the Moon rather than Walking on fields of grey... =))
sonofthefire

Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:55 pm

Junglist1985 wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:16 am
All in all I much prefer Walking on the Moon rather than Walking on fields of grey... =))
thats funny , i like Fields of Grey now :))
Im being burned alive, because nothing can stop me inside.
Arrogance

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:21 am

I'm sure it's been said. But, my favorite band AND my favorite game. This just made my day! Sounds extremely fitting for Rocket League.
yoyolast

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:22 am

Arrogance wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:21 am
I'm sure it's been said. But, my favorite band AND my favorite game. This just made my day! Sounds extremely fitting for Rocket League.
Yep, still waiting for the track to be added to RL but when it does I'll probablt just skip the rest of the music and keep playing this track in loops :))
CpTn_lAw

Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:59 am

I always loved the songs in three stages... The first:

1) Discovery.
It's like openning a present. You might get the hype and hype drop close to each other but then you listen to it over and over again and you start to love it. It grows on you until it becomes a hit!

2) Technical analysis.
Immediately after discovery. I start to like it in a more intellectual manner. I dissect everything I can and start to like some things, and hate some other things. My own mood here is very important for the next few weeks, as they will ondition phase 3:

3) Emotionnal feedback.
I start to reflect on it, think about how it integrates in my life, kind of put a texture on it, a general "mental/ emotionnal" box in which it stays. It's kind of the way a track stays with me for the years after.

I like the technical aspect of the song. Plus, it's groovy. But overall, the three songs i'm mostly anticipating are "BLiSS On Mushrooms" // "Chechen Barvaz" // "Guitarmass" .
Dragonfly

Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:09 pm

This track will be a hit at kids parties :)
"Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor." -- Sholom Aleichem

AndrewK

Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:32 pm

Dragonfly wrote:
Not sure if backhand compliment or straight up insult :)) :)) :))

Either way this has only "ungrown" on me. First IM single I don´t have on my cellphone.

...yea I have Fields Of Grey .
Dragonfly

Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:29 pm

AndrewK wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:32 pm
Dragonfly wrote:
Not sure if backhand compliment or straight up insult :)) :)) :))

Either way this has only "ungrown" on me. First IM single I don´t have on my cellphone.

...yea I have Fields Of Grey .
Why insult? This is a groovy track with childish, err, lighthearted lyrics and catchy melody. My 4-year-old daughter loves this track.

Next Infected Mushroom album will be produced entirely in Brazilian Bass style. :)
"Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor." -- Sholom Aleichem

Return to “Infected Forum”

Theme Switcher

Login · Register

In total there are 9 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests
Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]
Most users ever online was 183 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:58 pm
Total posts 368703
Total topics 29071
Total members 1994
Our newest member Jessieweb
No birthdays today