CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Talk about Infected Mushroom
User avatar
CpTn_lAw
Contact:
Location: France
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:32 am

CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:26 pm

Hey there all! :beer
After finishing Nestor, I made some time to work a little bit on the second track! (Already have two other projects in parallel, but need to focus on one at a time!)
This one is symbiosis, 3/4 kinda uplifting at times!

Tell me what ya think! (Of course, it's still early work in progress!)

EDIT 1:

Been working a little bit on the sound, and lead!

https://soundcloud.com/cptn_law/symbiosis-v2-wip

EDIT 2

Now with somewhat of an intro! and more leads!

https://soundcloud.com/cptn_law/symbiosis-v3-wip
Last edited by CpTn_lAw on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
netaneld122
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:40 am

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:39 pm

LOVE IT!

Really good one, i'd buy your EP :)
User avatar
yoyolast
Posts: 555
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:16 pm

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:19 pm

This sounds incredible, great stuff, sounds like it's inspired by Infected's new style :) (correct me if I'm wrong)
:ymalien: Aliens... THEY'RE HERE... :ymalien:
User avatar
Le_SDT
Contact:
Location: Québec
Posts: 4606
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:35 am

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:25 pm

There is a little Jean-Michel Jarre feel in the chords and the bass hehe, I like it :)
User avatar
Iti10
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:24 pm

Great! awesome music man keep up, Nestor was a blast, waiting for the new ones :)
User avatar
CpTn_lAw
Contact:
Location: France
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:32 am

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:19 am

Thanks!
I realize it's not as good sounding as I previously thought. It's not that hard hitting on my headphones.
Good thing is, it's far from over, I can rectify.

I was working on the synth solo yesterday. I think i've come up with a synth that is good enough that I don't wanna change it every two notes haha

Are there things to work on, mix-wise / EQ-wise that I wouldn't see?
User avatar
Iti10
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:40 pm

CpTn_lAw wrote:Thanks!
I realize it's not as good sounding as I previously thought. It's not that hard hitting on my headphones.
Good thing is, it's far from over, I can rectify.

I was working on the synth solo yesterday. I think i've come up with a synth that is good enough that I don't wanna change it every two notes haha

Are there things to work on, mix-wise / EQ-wise that I wouldn't see?
I will give it a re-listen when I can bro :).
User avatar
CpTn_lAw
Contact:
Location: France
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:32 am

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:03 pm

Been working a little bit on the sound, and lead!

Feel free to comment, positively or negatively!

https://soundcloud.com/cptn_law/symbiosis-v2-wip

V3 is here!

https://soundcloud.com/cptn_law/symbiosis-v3-wip :beer :beer
seqdias
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:21 pm

Been meaning to write some comments for some time, but I took the last 2 weeks for non-stop leisure, and though I enjoy writing, I don't have a PC with me and therefore put off doing it via smartphone (because typing there sucks of course). I am now stuck in some boring bus station for the next 4 hours however, so I reckon typing a full post with my thumbs won't hurt much (and will indeed probably help killing off the incoming boredom).

Symbiosis is shaping up to be another banger Cptn! I don't like the second half of the track, though. Sounds too common, too simple, and it does not do justice to the amazing, jaw-dropping first part. Moreover, I thought the sound of some of the melodies of V2 (the ones starting at 1.30) became very muddled (i.e. Barely discernible) in V3, which was a shame because I loved listening them clearly. The new intro was good, but the transition to the first part needs some more work. V3 is of course much more complete, but even the gated strings on the back lack the vigor they had in V2, because the sound is muddled. Then there's the second part which in V3 starts at 3.05 and which I am not a fan of and would just cut from the entirety of the track, as I feel it clashes not-so-subtly with the unique vibe you created until then.

These are of course comments on the aesthetics of the track, and these in music (more than in any other artform) are extremely hard to meaningfully express and write down (not to mention how dependent they necessarily are to the subject's physiology and idiosyncracies!). But that's a subject for another day. Keep up the good work and keep us updated!
User avatar
CpTn_lAw
Contact:
Location: France
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:32 am

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:03 am

seqdias wrote:Been meaning to write some comments for some time, but I took the last 2 weeks for non-stop leisure, and though I enjoy writing, I don't have a PC with me and therefore put off doing it via smartphone (because typing there sucks of course). I am now stuck in some boring bus station for the next 4 hours however, so I reckon typing a full post with my thumbs won't hurt much (and will indeed probably help killing off the incoming boredom).

Symbiosis is shaping up to be another banger Cptn! I don't like the second half of the track, though. Sounds too common, too simple, and it does not do justice to the amazing, jaw-dropping first part. Moreover, I thought the sound of some of the melodies of V2 (the ones starting at 1.30) became very muddled (i.e. Barely discernible) in V3, which was a shame because I loved listening them clearly. The new intro was good, but the transition to the first part needs some more work. V3 is of course much more complete, but even the gated strings on the back lack the vigor they had in V2, because the sound is muddled. Then there's the second part which in V3 starts at 3.05 and which I am not a fan of and would just cut from the entirety of the track, as I feel it clashes not-so-subtly with the unique vibe you created until then.

These are of course comments on the aesthetics of the track, and these in music (more than in any other artform) are extremely hard to meaningfully express and write down (not to mention how dependent they necessarily are to the subject's physiology and idiosyncracies!). But that's a subject for another day. Keep up the good work and keep us updated!
Thanks for the detailed comment!
I indeed had some trouble with overall mixing and loudness management on V3. My cheap speakers are nowhere near monitoring quality and my little subwoofer is not precise or detailed. It's the low end / mid section that got muddled and needs to be kept alive in V4. In a few months hopefully i'll be able to get some proper monitors and increase my tracks sound quality.
User avatar
CpTn_lAw
Contact:
Location: France
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:32 am

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:35 pm

So.... In the never-ending search for completeness I got Sylbiosis out of the water and worked a little bit more on it.
I added bits and pieces here and there, reviewed the overall mix, and redid the intro.

If you're in for a 3:58 dive into my world, don't hesistate and go there:



Any feedback, positive or negative is of course always welcome! :beer
User avatar
Iti10
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:01 pm

CpTn_lAw wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:35 pm
So.... In the never-ending search for completeness I got Sylbiosis out of the water and worked a little bit more on it.
I added bits and pieces here and there, reviewed the overall mix, and redid the intro.

If you're in for a 3:58 dive into my world, don't hesistate and go there:



Any feedback, positive or negative is of course always welcome! :beer


Wow amazing my friend! :) sound so much like old school Infected, the sound got improved much from previous tracks, there is still a place for improvement of course but the way you build the track is just amazing, are you considering getting serious with production? or just a hobby?
User avatar
CpTn_lAw
Contact:
Location: France
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:32 am

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:21 pm

Iti10 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:01 pm


Wow amazing my friend! :) sound so much like old school Infected, the sound got improved much from previous tracks, there is still a place for improvement of course but the way you build the track is just amazing, are you considering getting serious with production? or just a hobby?
Thanks man!
I'm getting serious with it. I plan to build my home studio in the basement in the coming year. Now that I have proper monitors and I start to gather some plugins and equipment!
Nestor the Rabbit will probably get a release soon, a label proposed they release it. I try to have as much atmosphere as possible. Next Step, clean that shit up ! hahah
User avatar
yoyolast
Posts: 555
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:16 pm

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:12 pm

CpTn_lAw wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:21 pm
Iti10 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:01 pm


Wow amazing my friend! :) sound so much like old school Infected, the sound got improved much from previous tracks, there is still a place for improvement of course but the way you build the track is just amazing, are you considering getting serious with production? or just a hobby?
Thanks man!
I'm getting serious with it. I plan to build my home studio in the basement in the coming year. Now that I have proper monitors and I start to gather some plugins and equipment!
Nestor the Rabbit will probably get a release soon, a label proposed they release it. I try to have as much atmosphere as possible. Next Step, clean that shit up ! hahah
You got signed on a label? awesome! is that why you were looking to change your name and have someone make artwork?
:ymalien: Aliens... THEY'RE HERE... :ymalien:
User avatar
CpTn_lAw
Contact:
Location: France
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:32 am

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:25 pm

yoyolast wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:12 pm
CpTn_lAw wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:21 pm
Iti10 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:01 pm


Wow amazing my friend! :) sound so much like old school Infected, the sound got improved much from previous tracks, there is still a place for improvement of course but the way you build the track is just amazing, are you considering getting serious with production? or just a hobby?
Thanks man!
I'm getting serious with it. I plan to build my home studio in the basement in the coming year. Now that I have proper monitors and I start to gather some plugins and equipment!
Nestor the Rabbit will probably get a release soon, a label proposed they release it. I try to have as much atmosphere as possible. Next Step, clean that shit up ! hahah
You got signed on a label? awesome! is that why you were looking to change your name and have someone make artwork?
I sent them Nestor the Rabbit for review, kind of a way to get technical feedback. They have a youtube channel where once in a while they talk about tracks that have been submitted to them. I hoped maybe I would get some video feedback. Well... they e-mailed to say the track was good enough to be published and they could send me a contract if I was interested.
I haven't returned it yet, mainly because the original mix and master s**** a**; but it's planned in the near future.
User avatar
yoyolast
Posts: 555
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:16 pm

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:50 pm

CpTn_lAw wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:25 pm
yoyolast wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:12 pm
CpTn_lAw wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:21 pm


Thanks man!
I'm getting serious with it. I plan to build my home studio in the basement in the coming year. Now that I have proper monitors and I start to gather some plugins and equipment!
Nestor the Rabbit will probably get a release soon, a label proposed they release it. I try to have as much atmosphere as possible. Next Step, clean that shit up ! hahah
You got signed on a label? awesome! is that why you were looking to change your name and have someone make artwork?
I sent them Nestor the Rabbit for review, kind of a way to get technical feedback. They have a youtube channel where once in a while they talk about tracks that have been submitted to them. I hoped maybe I would get some video feedback. Well... they e-mailed to say the track was good enough to be published and they could send me a contract if I was interested.
I haven't returned it yet, mainly because the original mix and master s**** a**; but it's planned in the near future.
Yeah, I heard mastering is a pain... maybe you might as well wrap up your other remaining tracks and submit an EP to them?
:ymalien: Aliens... THEY'RE HERE... :ymalien:
User avatar
Iti10
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:49 pm

CpTn_lAw wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:21 pm
Iti10 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:01 pm


Wow amazing my friend! :) sound so much like old school Infected, the sound got improved much from previous tracks, there is still a place for improvement of course but the way you build the track is just amazing, are you considering getting serious with production? or just a hobby?
Thanks man!
I'm getting serious with it. I plan to build my home studio in the basement in the coming year. Now that I have proper monitors and I start to gather some plugins and equipment!
Nestor the Rabbit will probably get a release soon, a label proposed they release it. I try to have as much atmosphere as possible. Next Step, clean that shit up ! hahah
Im really glad then! wish you all the luck, you are very talented and its amazing you have such good tracks already, Ive been making music for 2 years and as long as time goes I understand how much I have to improve although I made quite a progress :)
User avatar
CpTn_lAw
Contact:
Location: France
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:32 am

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:27 pm

Iti10 wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:49 pm

Im really glad then! wish you all the luck, you are very talented and its amazing you have such good tracks already, Ive been making music for 2 years and as long as time goes I understand how much I have to improve although I made quite a progress :)
Thanks man! I'm humbled by your messages! :)

Your tracks are good too man, the structure is much more full-on than why I produce, although I plan on getting into that somewhere in the future.
I've been using Ableton for a year and a half now, I didn't put nearly enough time in it, certainly not as much as I would have loved. Something is missing from my mixes, a sense of cleanliness. I listened to some Astrix and Infected, and it has to do with frequency and stereo placement. It needs to feel tighter in the lows and wider in the highs!
User avatar
Iti10
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:28 am

CpTn_lAw wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:27 pm
Iti10 wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:49 pm

Im really glad then! wish you all the luck, you are very talented and its amazing you have such good tracks already, Ive been making music for 2 years and as long as time goes I understand how much I have to improve although I made quite a progress :)
Thanks man! I'm humbled by your messages! :)

Your tracks are good too man, the structure is much more full-on than why I produce, although I plan on getting into that somewhere in the future.
I've been using Ableton for a year and a half now, I didn't put nearly enough time in it, certainly not as much as I would have loved. Something is missing from my mixes, a sense of cleanliness. I listened to some Astrix and Infected, and it has to do with frequency and stereo placement. It needs to feel tighter in the lows and wider in the highs!
Thanks man :) , yeah I like full-on and huge rises and drops, got to work much more on the structure and the sound of course.
About the Low End, Infected has some tracks with amazing low end, but Astrix low end is just the best I have heard in my life! his bass got to be the best bass ever of psytrance, for example on Astrix's track Sahara, you can hear that the bass is just at the perfect balance between punchy and suby, its just amazing how well his bass sounds like!
User avatar
CpTn_lAw
Contact:
Location: France
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:32 am

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:49 am

Oh man you gotta check Alien Turned Human !
To me that's the most impactfull kick&bass ive heard in a long time!

Btw, listened To Sahara, indeed has very strong bass!!
User avatar
Iti10
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: CpTn_lAw - Symbiosis [WIP]

Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:00 pm

CpTn_lAw wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:49 am
Oh man you gotta check Alien Turned Human !
To me that's the most impactfull kick&bass ive heard in a long time!

Btw, listened To Sahara, indeed has very strong bass!!
Yeah indeed crazy bass on that track as well, Deep Jungle Walk is also a killer with one of the best low end i heard.

Return to “Infected Forum”

Theme Switcher

Login · Register

In total there are 9 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests
Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]
Most users ever online was 183 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:58 pm
Total posts 368703
Total topics 29071
Total members 1994
Our newest member Jessieweb
No birthdays today