Track Highlights - New Clown In Town

Talk about Infected Mushroom
KGram5

Track Highlights - New Clown In Town

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:33 pm

Hello everyone, and welcome back to another Track Highlight! :beer

I forgot to post this yesterday, I was pretty busy, but here it is! I thought I'd take my turn with a non-album track as well, so I chose New Clown In Town because it holds a bit of a special place in my heart, and its just an amazing track lol

New Clown In Town was one of the unreleased tracks from the LOTBS era, I think it was considered "too trancey" for the album, and I can agree with that, but I'm definitely glad it ended up being released anyway. This track to me is very strong psytrance throughout, and has a unique, dark and twisted circus vibe. Its very high energy, strange drums are present, and of course who can forget the addictive bass lines and synths throughout. The chorus breakdown in the middle with the guitars definitely signifies the era its from, but I like that this track seems much more trancey and trippy and different than anything on LOTBS.

Share your thoughts, pros and cons, and give your overall rating of the track! And to refresh your memory if its been a while, take another listen to the track and check out GetAFix's video:

Le_SDT

Re: Track Highlights - New Clown In Town

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:29 pm

I love New Clown in Town! I like the funny lyrics and the twisted melodies :) It's a good dance track all around
GetAFix

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:38 pm

The more I listen the more I like with this track, another good discovery for me (had only listened to it once or twice before the highlight) track manages to be creepy and energetic all at once :)

Great fun video to do too, nice opportunities to leave some sounds in from the videos to make it as creepy as poss 8-x 8-x
My Infected Mushroom fan videos all found here -

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/GetafixVisuals

Instagram -http://www.instagram.com/GetafixVisuals
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/TrippyVisuals
yoyolast

Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:38 am

This is IMO one of their most beastly tracks, insanely powerful lead and baseline. I wouldn't say it's entierly unique since Pink nightmares uses a lot of the same elements found here but I do find to have an awesome unique vibe, I guess the name DOES lead you to notice a more circus like vibe and I really like that! Wish I could have it on my Spotify playlist though :)) really don't like how half of IM's discography isn't there
:ymalien: Aliens... THEY'RE HERE... :ymalien:
infected-omri

Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:52 am

Checkout this blog. There seems to be another version of this track here. Maybe a more initial one.
LINDARRAGNAR

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:57 pm

It's good and light hearted with some nice heavy beats!~

I really enjoy the part at 4:14 with the little screams! I don't listen to this much but the song is nice and enjoyable.

The ending is nice and dark! :ymdevil:

"You are - your life, and nothing else." Sartre
tess

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:25 am

I listened to the live version of this for fucking yeeeaars until they finally put out the Infected trance version to stream/download for free. Musically it isn't the best but still some of my favorite lyrics - definitely makes me miss the LOTBS days.

"So bring all your gold and forgiveness will be sold
And if you're number seven he will send you straight to heaven"

P.S. I'm loving these track highlight posts. This forum is in need of some action/participation these days ;)
Last edited by tess on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leondegrance

Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:13 am

It's one on my least favorite tracks of IM. It's too simple and repetitive.

Anyway, here are two nice performances of this track during live shows:

AndrewK

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:47 pm

It has a very LOTBS-era vibe and composition like Pink Nightmares. I love how the build up from 2:40 to 3:30 uses Duvdev´s (yet to show up) vocals all chopped up and distorted. Then in the (kinda meh) drop you hear them clearly. After the whole chorus I guess it gets better again but nothing special IMO.
Very enjoyable until the chorus. The ending is also ambiguous like Kipod. I like that.

Decent track.
KGram5

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:38 pm

Ok I finally have time to write something

This track is definitely one of my favourite unreleased tracks. It's like Deck & Sheker, its just amazing all the way through, the progression on this track (although like almost all IM tracks lol) is very seamless yet amazing.

By far my favourite part of the track is the drop at 2:00 - 2:40. The energy of the build up is great and tense, and the drop is just SO satisfying. The off-beat bass pulse with coolest lead melody in the whole track makes me feel awesome! Then as the drop progresses the bass line turns in a perfect complementary melody to match the lead, so much awesomeness! And then the lead disappears to allow the bassline the ride out and the drums to smack (that "clanking" snare actually slaps pretty hard imo). Ya .. definitely my fave part, huge moment for me in the whole discography. There was a phase in my life where at night I would longboard to my smoke spot, then smoke, then ride down a massive hill after I finished with this section of the song playing! So much energy, it was awesome times! (I did this with the "Swingish" build up/drop too).

Also like how the chorus in the middle gives the track a different twist. It feels like it goes from a strong psytrance intro for the first couple minutes, then to rock/LOTBS style for the chorus and breakdown in the middle, then back to some psytrance grooves for the last couple minutes.

I would also have to say that this track is definitely one of IM's more creepy/trippy tracks for sure. I definitely feel a "circus" type vibe from this track too, the sooouuunds maaan ...
yoyolast wrote:I guess the name DOES lead you to notice a more circus like vibe and I really like that!
This is truly makes me wonder if I get the "circus" vibe just from the name, or from the actual song. The sounds definitely sound "circus/clowny" to me, but its hard to say if the name made me feel that way or if I would've arrived at that conclusion with a different name. Its kind of like the chicken or the egg debate lol I also wonder if IM gave the track its name before all the crazy sounds, or if the sounds inspired them to name it that way.

PS: Great video GetAFix! Very trippy lol
KGram5

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:45 pm

infected-omri wrote:

Checkout this blog. There seems to be another version of this track here. Maybe a more initial one.

Very interesting, it definitely sounds way more like LOTBS here. Thanks for sharing!
KGram5

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:46 pm

tess wrote: P.S. I'm loving these track highlight posts. This forum is in need of some action/participation these days ;)
Thanks tess! You the best :x

Return to “Infected Forum”

Theme Switcher

Login · Register

In total there are 7 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests
Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]
Most users ever online was 183 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:58 pm
Total posts 368723
Total topics 29074
Total members 1994
Our newest member Jessieweb
No birthdays today